The Ewald Ranch is a 184.2+/- acre ready-to-use cattle/horse ranch located in the Dilley area. It could potentially be developed into a great bird hunting operation, or a combination of both grazing and hunting. Two water wells, 4,000+/- sf home county road frontage, and good hunting.
The Ewald Ranch is a 184.2+/- acre ready-to-use cattle/horse ranch located in the Dilley area. It could potentially be developed into a great bird hunting operation, or a combination of both grazing and hunting. Native brush along the wet-weather creek makes up 20% of the property, with several catch-stock ponds, and is an excellent habitat for wildlife. The remaining 80% is cleared for grazing and/or food plots with eight cross-fenced pastures, working pens, implement shed, metal barn, three stock tanks, two water wells, and an older, large one-story house.
An easy 1.5+/- hour drive south of San Antonio, and just west of Dilley. To get to the property: 82 miles south of downtown San Antonio along I-35, 10 miles west of Dilley off highway 85, and ½ mile along CR 4843, also known as Urban Road.
The southern part of Frio county is a productive red sandy loam soil that is excellent for native forbs, as a browse for wildlife and/or farming and grazing. Twenty percent of the property remains in native brush typical of South Texas; the 80% grazing pasture with native grasses are relatively clean and just now starting to see some scattered regrowth. This terrain is relatively flat up to the very back area, where the wet-weather creek comes through the property.
The property is located on a County road with an automatic gate opener. Almost a mile of total frontage runs along two sides of the property, which offers a subdivision opportunity. The ranch comes with quality perimeter fencing with eight cross-fenced pastures, a set of working pens, and an implement shed. There is a large metal barn, three stock tanks, and two water wells. One water well has an electric pump, and the other is solar-powered, and not currently working. An older, 4,000+ sq. ft. one-story house is situated on the property, ready to be remodeled by its new owners. A current home inspection is available.
With two neighboring ranches having good brush cover, the thick native brush on this property along the wet weather creek is ideal for attracting and holding white-tailed deer, wild hogs, and Rio Grande turkey. The pastures are great for wildlife to graze, while the natural habitat is sufficient to support bobwhite quail and dove. If one wanted to plant food plots for dove and quail, the pasture set-up is ideal and provides a variety of options.
There are two water wells on the property. The electric, domestic water well is in working condition. It services the house, a tank, and working pens. The second is a domestic, solar-powered water well that is located closer to the creek. It has black poly piping running to supplement a nearby stock tank. It is not currently working.
Texas Ranches For Sale, as Broker, asserts that the information contained herein is submitted without representation or warranty. All information is deemed reliable but is subject to error, omission, price change, changes in terms and conditions, prior sale, withdrawal from the market without notice, etc.
Appointments for viewing to be scheduled with Texas Ranches For Sale. Shown by appointment only. Buyer’s brokers must be identified on first contact and must accompany buying prospect on first showing to be allowed full fee participation. If this condition is not met, fee participation will be at the sole discretion of Texas Ranches For Sale, Broker.
Interactive Location Map
Click "View Full Screen" to see map legend and additional features.